Sunday, November 07, 2004

Ouch! Dog on a string

Three DIY tasks carried out today; a bulb change (easy one), putting up some curtains (bastard), and a wing mirror repair (almost got run over). Sum total of injuries: One! My friends, I am improving - no longer do I twat myself walking down the street, but give me a hammer and it's still blue fingernail time.

There is a more serious note here however. Over the weekend I dropped a line to an old friend of mine Robin King. Yes, I realise that to some of my readers he is still, after all these years "that bloke who jumped into the swimming pool", but he is also a talented and accomplished actor.

He also runs a production company that is preparing to shoot a short film called Five Card Stud, which, when you click on the link, you will find has a great screenplay. Although in fairness I did see the punchline coming as soon as John received his cards. However, I have a feeling that that was intended. Although I do not know most of the cast, I do know David Crow who is also a very talented actor, and I have no reason to believe the others would be less so.

The point here is, and Robin is unaware of my activity so don't blame him, that the film still needs some funding to enable it to be finished. As a result I am asking that The Rib Shacks readership of 4 (yes it has increased) take a visit to the site, read the script, and consider donating a small amount of money to help it through. I have some faith in this, and I have never forgotten that Robins mum and dad took me on holiday to Butlins in Minehead about a thousand years ago, so I will be donating 20GBP (can you believe my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign?) and I hope that some others of you will follow my lead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phut said...

My keyboard doesn't have a pound sign either. Of course in this backward country a '#' is consider a pound.

When I get a moment, I'll read his script.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home